We only enchase natural gems such as diamonds, spahires, rubies, emeralds etc. to our jewelry. A diamond is evaluated according to four criteria which sets its value: cut, clarity, colour and size (carat). Coloured gemstones are evaluated likewise. The most important criterions are the shade and richness of colour, size and rareness of the gem in nature.
We are pleased to introduce original jewelry of novel design set with gemstones and diamonds. All is based on our own design and handmade by using modern technology. We offer both ready-made and custom-made wedding jewelry for brides.
We make engagement and wedding rings in gold and platinum with a possibility of choosing any combination of colours and metals according to your wishes. We only enchase natural gems of the highest hardness (diamonds, spahires, rubies) to our wedding rings. The gems do not wear down and do not loose shine and gloss. Each model from our collection is individually finalised according to the clients´needs. Each pair of rings is accompanied with a certificate stating the gems origin.
An engagement ring is worn on the ring finger of the left hand till the wedding. Afterwards its place is on the ring finger of the right hand. It is usually decorated with a diamond. We offer both, traditional solitaire ring setting and modern design. Coloured gemstones (sapphires, rubies, aquamarines) can be used too. Price of an engagement ring depends on the size and quality of gems and the kind of metal (gold, platinum). Each model is adjusted to the size of a gem.
Designer Ester Engelová and goldsmith Marek Odstrčil have been working together under the mark ESTERSTYL since 2000. We provide complex service including designing and making of original jewelry according to the clients´needs. Clients who look for a smart jewelry of high quality like our products for our technical skills and personal approach.
An engagement ring is a symbol of love. A man gives it to a woman when asking her to marry him. By taking it woman accepts formally the offer. History of engagement rings dates back to ancient times when the Egyptians, Persians and Greeks wore rings of bones, gems and metals. Nowadays the engagement rings are usualy made of white gold, but yellow and red gold are popular too. Platinum brihtens the engagement ring up with its pure whiteness. An engagement ring is usually decorated with a solitaire diamond or coloured gemstone (sapphire, ruby) of traditional cut. Wedding rings symbolize bond between two persons and are the oldest of all marriage rituals. Almost every civilization used a wedding ring as a symbol of marital agreement. Since the beginning of 20th century wedding rings are worn by both partners, usually on the ring finger of the left hand, because the vein in the left ring finger was said to be directly connected to the heart, as a symbol of love. Wedding rings are usually made of gold in different colours or platinum. They can be decorated with diamonds or couloured gemstones (sapphires, rubies, emeralds).
The name of platinum is derived from the Spanish term „piata“, which is literally translated into "little silver". It has been known for more than 4000 years, but its charcteristics and value revealed quite recently. The first finds of platinum are from the ancient Egyptian tombs of the 12th dynasty, 2000 b.c. The metal was also used by pre-Columbian Americans to produce artifacts of pure platinum or a gold/silver-platinum alloy. When it appeared for the fist time in Europe in 16th century no one was able to use it. Platinum is a relatively non pliable material which melts at 1773 °C. Between 1829 and 1884 platinum coins were made in Russia. Nowadays platinum is used in many industries for its special characteristics: chemical stability, difficult meltability, electric conductivity. Platinum is one of the rarest, most expensive and most needed precious metals. Platinum jewelry is extraordinary and highly appreciated.
The biggest and most famous diamonds of the world
- The CULLINAN diamond is the largest rough gem-quality diamond ever found, at 3,106 carats. It was found in South Africa in 1905. The Cullinan was split and cut into 9 major stones and 96 smaller stones. The largest polished gem from the stone is named Cullinan I. (530,2 ct) which is set in the head of the Sceptre with the Cross.
- The EXCELSIOR diamond was found in 1893 in Africa. It had a blue-white tint and weighed 995,2 ct.
- The GOLDEN JUBILEE diamond is currently the largest faceted diamond in the world. Found in 1985 in South Africa this brown diamond weighs 545 ct.
- DE BEERS diamond is a huge light yellow octahedral crystal which was found in the De Beers Mine in South Africa in 1885. The gem weighed 428 carats. The Maharaja of Patiala bought the De Beers and in 1928 Cartier of Paris set it as the centerpiece of a ceremonial necklace that came to be known as the Patiala Necklace.
- The ORLOFF diamond is one of the most famnous Russian diamonds. It is incorporated in the Imperial Sceptre of Catrehine the Great. Its colour is stated as white with a faint bluish-green tinge, its weight being 190 carats. The diamond is a rarity among historic diamonds, for it retains its original Indian rose-style cut.